I stayed at Bamboo Nest (AirBnB) in Puerto Prencesa, Palawan, Philippines for three days. On my second night two girls from Siberia checked in. One of the great things about Bamboo Nest is that it has a full kitchen for guests who would rather cook than go out to eat, like the vegan travelers we had from Finland and Italy.
So the Siberian girls announced that they were going to show us how Russians make pancakes, and invited everybody to try one. (I ended up eating three.)
Here are the steps:
- Make crepes, not traditional American-style pancakes.
- Slice bananas in half, long-ways.
- Place the two halves of one banana end-to-end at the bottom of the crepe.
- Drizzle condensed milk over the banana halves.
- Roll the banana halves up in the crepe like a burrito.
- Say “Спасибо!”